Strep Test Kits
Strep tests help to quickly and accurately determine if someone has strep throat. It is caused by Group A beta-hemolytic Streptococcus (strep), which is carried in the nose and throat without causing symptoms. An infection may result when it spreads through a break in your skin or mucous membranes, especially those in your mouth. Strep test kits can help you avoid misdiagnosis and treatment for viral infections.
Unfortunately, you can't simply diagnose strep throat by looking for a few telltale signs. If you think you may have contracted it, several tests can help identify whether or not you do. The two most common tests are an oral swab test and a blood test. Blood test kits offer quicker results and may be able to provide them on-site at your doctor's office. However, they require some reasonably sophisticated lab equipment to perform correctly—and aren't always 100% accurate. Swab tests tend to be more reliable but will take about 48 hours to yield results because they need to go back into a lab for further analysis.
Types of Strep Test Kits
· Self-Sampling: Self-sampling strep test kits contain everything you need to collect your own throat culture. You'll swab your mouth, put the swab in a provided vial, and return it to your doctor's office or lab for analysis. This option is ideal if you cannot go into an office every few days for testing or if you don't have easy access to an antibiotic that will cure your strep throat.
· Self-Testing: A do-it-yourself kit is an inexpensive alternative to a physician's office for a strep test. It also gives you fast results, typically within 10 minutes. Keep in mind that self-testing isn't perfect—there's a possibility of false positives and false negatives. But it can still be helpful because it allows you to see whether one is getting better over time, regardless of whether they have strep throat.
Purpose and Benefits of Using Strep Test Kits
· Time-Saving and Cost-Effective: It might seem like it would be easier to run to your doctor and get a strep test there, but that isn't necessarily true. Not all doctors' offices offer them; for another, many people end up waiting in long lines for such basic tests (especially during the flu season). Instead of wasting your time standing around in a crowded waiting room—or worse yet, standing around at all while you wait for test results—order your test kit and get it delivered right to your door. Take it yourself when you get home from work or school and realize that you aren't feeling well and think you might have strep throat! Open up your test kit and follow the instructions.
· Patient empowerment: Nothing is more devastating than a child being sick. And while you might be able to spot some illnesses on your own, you might not be able to spot others, especially if your little one has a relatively mild form of strep throat. You will need a strep test kit for home use to confirm if it's just a cold or something worse. Sure, many paediatricians still think testing is unnecessary, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have all of your bases covered just in case.
· Convenience: You can use a home strep test kit for your entire family and send results to your doctor immediately, which saves you time and money.
· Value: These kits help keep you out of costly medical offices for superficial infections that could be treated at home. It also helps save money on prescriptions. If you have a bacterial infection, it's likely to be cheaper to buy an antibiotic over-the-counter than to visit a doctor or hospital for treatment.
Get Reliable Strep Test Kits at Linear Dx™
Not all strep test kits offer accurate results, but with Linear Dx™,our state-of-the-art test kits ensure a reliable result every time. Whether you're a healthcare professional or a consumer, you can trust our equipment and services to deliver correct results quickly.
Why Choose Linear Dx™?
When it comes to home strep test kits, there is no one better than Linear Dx™. Our simple, non-invasive testing kits ensure that you and your family will be safe from dangerous pathogens such as MRSA, Influenza, and Tuberculosis. With a simple swab of your upper or lower respiratory tract (depending on where you suspect infection), our kits provide all of your lab results within a few minutes!